- 2 cups all-purpose flour;
- 3/4 cup sugar;
- 2 teaspoons baking powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda;
- 1/4 teaspoon salt;
- 1/2 cup milk;
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil;
- 2 large eggs;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract;
- 1 cup chopped fruit (e.g. strawberries, blueberries, apples, etc.) In this case, blueberries were added.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the following ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped fruit gently.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or (pro tip) until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven, and now allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Use fresh fruit chopped into small pieces to ensure it is evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Try adding nuts, chocolate, or lemon zest for extra flavor.
You can store or save the muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days, otherwise, freeze them for up to 1 month. To thaw, leave at room temperature for 2 or 3 hours.