- 1 whole chicken;
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces;
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces;
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon of oregano;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Wash the chicken thoroughly, remove the giblets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, place the onion, carrots, and potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables and rub it with the seasoning mixture you prepared earlier. Make sure the mixture covers the entire chicken, rubbing well inside and out.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and roast for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked and the vegetables are tender and golden brown. To check if the chicken is cooked, insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The temperature should reach 75°C (165°F). Another way to check is to make a small cut in the thickest part of the thigh and check if the juices are clear and not pink.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. This helps to keep the juices inside the meat and makes the chicken more succulent.
- Carve the chicken into pieces and serve with the roasted vegetables on the side. You can also add white rice or fresh bread to accompany.
And there you have it! An easy and delicious recipe for roasted chicken with vegetables for a family lunch. I hope you enjoy it!