- 1 refrigerated pie crust;
- 5 medium-sized apples, peeled and thinly sliced;
- 1/2 cup of unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped;
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar;
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour;
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter;
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon;
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg;
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, chopped peanuts, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well until the apples are evenly coated.
- Transfer the apple mixture to the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and sprinkle them on top of the apple mixture.
- Cover the pie with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once done, remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
And there you have it! A delicious apple and peanut pie that you can enjoy as a dessert or a sweet treat. Enjoy!