For the salad:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce;
- 1 cup of croutons;
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese;
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes;
- 1/4 cup of black olives;
- 1/4 cup of sliced red bell pepper.
For the dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic, minced;
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise;
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt;
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard;
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce;
- 1/4 cup of grated;
- Parmesan cheese;
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce and tear the leaves into smaller pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Add the croutons, grated Parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes, black olives, and sliced red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to ensure that all the ingredients are coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy this delicious Italian Caesar salad!
You can add grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a complete meal. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
For the salad, you can use other lettuce varieties instead of romaine lettuce, such as curly lettuce or iceberg lettuce. Additionally, you can add other Italian ingredients such as sliced salami, provolone or mozzarella cheese, and green olives.
For the dressing, you can adjust the amounts of each ingredient according to your personal taste. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add more lemon juice or Greek yogurt. And if you prefer a spicier dressing, add more Dijon mustard or black pepper.
Another tip is that if you don’t have ready-made croutons, you can make your own at home. Simply cut bread into small cubes, season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs to taste, and bake in the oven until crispy.