- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced into thick rounds;
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into thick rounds;
- Fresh basil leaves;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Olive oil.
- On a plate, layer alternating rounds of tomato and mozzarella.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fresh basil leaves over the salad.
- Finish by drizzling with a generous amount of olive oil.
This salad is an easy and flavorful appetizer with Italian traditions. Serve with crusty bread or crostini to complement the dish.