- 1 lb. of seafood (shrimp, scallops, mussels, and/or crabmeat);
- 1 large onion, chopped;
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced;
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced;
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced;
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped;
- 1 cup of white wine;
- 1 tsp. of paprika;
- 1 tsp. of dried thyme;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Olive oil;
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional).
- Heat a cataplana (traditional Portuguese clam-shaped cooking vessel) or a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan and sauté until softened.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, paprika, dried thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pan.
- Stir in the seafood and white wine.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the seafood is fully cooked.
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro or parsley, if desired.
Note: This recipe serves 4-6 people.